Saturday, January 21, 2012

couch to 5K: january edition

i have a couple more 2012 "aims" that i need to log on the blog this month.  today i crossed off the first of hopefully twelve 5Ks i'll "run" in 2012.  i put "run" in quotes as i took my little sweet potato with me on this first one.  it's not my intent to include g in my 5Ks, but this one was at the zoo and i could hardly go to the zoo without him. 
plus as i've been stuck on week two of the "couch to 5K" program for two weeks now, i could use an excuse for my slow pace.  it took us an hour and ten minutes to finish.  wheee.  we were greatly distracted by the flamingos among other things.  slow yes, but i think the important thing to note here is that i took my sorry tail out of the house and DID something.  go me!

we are also very excited to report that the dinosaurs are coming!  dinotrek is set to open on march 16th.  you can bet we plan to be there just as soon as we get back from spring break in florida.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Doris! I love that you took G with you and shared the experience!

    ReplyDelete