Friday, July 31, 2015

menu plan: the party's over

newsflash!  g can officially butter and cut his own french toast now.  just in time for middle school!

yep.  summer vacation was officially over for me last monday morning at 6:00 am when the alarm sounded to kick off a week of wonderful teacher work days.  summer vacation is officially over for g this coming monday morning at 6:00 am when the alarm will sound once more.  are we ready?  probably not, but we'll both be sporting cool new backpacks.

being back in a routine is good for us though, especially if i can manage to get to the grocery store this weekend.  g has put in a few dinner requests and i'm needing to get back on track in the kitchen.

this week's menu plan:
sunday - church
monday - tortilla soup
tuesday - taco salad
wednesday - church
thursday -leftovers
friday - tacos al pastor
saturday - open

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of the fact that my husband cut the girls meat up even to 8th grade. I remember him asking them---"when you start dating, are you going to ask the boy to cut your meat?" Now they are all adults, but I guess old habits die hard. I noticed he does it for the grands!

    ReplyDelete